Friday 12 October 2007

Dreaming of leaving the UK

Over the last few years I have been getting more and more convinced that the UK is not a good place to live and simply not good value for money, I am a 39 year old man with no children and I am at present unmarried and I earn an below average wage and I am unable to buy a house on my own in the UK, I live in a shared house with 2 other poeple although the house is affordable and we can survive ok, not much else is really ever going to be on offer.

I struggle to save money as the bills are constant, they never seem to end, and just when you think youve sorted out your finances, you get a speeding fine for doing 35mph accelerating safley off a round about, its all bollocks and I am convinced as said that it may be worth throwing the towel in and going on the road again...? I just seem to think that the UK is simply relly bad value for money and have had these thoughts for some time - years in fact.

I pay my bills and I am always legal on the road etc, but most of the costs I have to obsorb as a single guy are from people ripping the system off, I am also convinced that single healthy men with no children are the group that get screwed over by the system the most, yes they have there freedon etc, but they will never get anyhelp at all from the government and buying a house....your having a laugh.

On the buying a house note alone, I missed the boat and I look forward to the day all of you people start losing false value on your property, bringing the prices down to the correct level, the man on the street level, the countrys average wage level. !!!!

But I am getting old 39 now, is it too late to go on the road?......oh what to do.

I used to do the Ski seasons years ago and I was never happier when doing them, yes of course you earn shit money and its not a career but i've been thinking about just taking a risk and moving out to Chamonix and let fate take a hand in what happens after that.....

What do you think....

I am also well travelled and I think this is part of the issue, if you know what else is out there it becomes so easy to slag of the UK, even in america when I stayed there in Sun Valley Ketchum Idaho, i could afford to live and rent a nice place and afford to eat out alot and go out all of the time all on an labourers wage...exactly as it should be i never got the feeling that someone was after me for that spare cash i may of had....in the UK, people are constantly trying to get your disposable income always....you can feel the greed coming for ya some days - Greed is killing the UK and peoples desire to want more stuff over more love and experience in their lives....

This country is FINE....as in the financial kind....

Rant over for now .....TBC.....



TBC

2 comments:

Malcolm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malcolm said...

Go further north than Chamonix so I can blag some space on your sofa at weekends ;-) May I suggest Austria or Switzerland please?!