Thursday 13 December 2007

Ulveston 10K Race 2nd December 2007

Well yes folks the running addiction continues as I have now not only joined the Holme Peirrpoint Running club and got myself a confimed place in the Edinburgh Marathon but I am also a forum ranter on Runners world and hence am always scanning the events diary to see where and when I can enter a run - budget allowing.

This made me do the Ulveston 10K a local race to be fair, but with a good following... I went up there with a new female freind that I found somewhere and as she (Stephanie) was driving I was on my best behaviour, we were both running and from the start of our journey at 6am it had been raining all day and all across the UK, we got there and yes it was still peeing down the only difference was that is was now really cold and the rain to me was getting very close to sleet, this reminded me of the days when I was at school and forced out for a run with the athletics class. hated it ha ha..



You must remember that we had had no sleep and were not in the best shape...even so this was a first for me so i was going for it hoping for sub 50min.

I ran it in 45.55 which is fantastic !!!!!!!

I am so proud of that....and in those conditions, I am now training for the Ediburgh Marathon through the winter....this is going to be tough.

This is similar to the real thing just add the rain.

No comments: