Saturday 31 January 2009

First ever car crash !!!!

Yep im forty and i have never had a car crash nop well not until today and to be fair i didnt hit anyone someone slammed into me....but and I stuggle to say this it may have been slightly my fault but of course I will do my utmost to deny it..when the insurance companies get involved...

For the record it was at the A5111 and A6 Junction as you leave Alvaston, I was inthe furthest left lane of 3 intending to take the 2nd exit off, but some one flew onto the roundabout on my outside in the middle available lane and as i went straight on they turned left, slamming into me and forcing me to take the left turn and knocking out my R/Lamp set, well the glass anyway, its still all works etc but has no glass.



I was the one in the middle.....

Even so worth mentioning as I have never had one before. I blame her of course and she will blame me....i may lose but i will fight as she was doing well over the speed limit for a junction of that kind and she made no, ill say it again no attempt to stop, its as if she didnt even see me...no screeching brakes no skiiding no horn nothing ....just SLAM!!!!....

Oblivious to other roads users, also she is the 2nd driver so wont be fully insured, her husband is the fully insured driver he was not in the car...

No-one was hurt, funny thing though is that I work for a contractor that manages the road i crashed on so they would have designed the junction and built it, i will when next in work establish if the lane i was in was only for left turners if so I may concede and accept that i was wrong even so....a major pain in the butt for me at the moment.

Ho hum.

laterz.

No comments: