Wednesday 23 December 2009

Brand new car....lush...

Yep the title is correct at the grand old age of 41 I have bought a brand new car, no one else has driven at all, only me ....just little me, all miles are mine....ahhhh...

Why? - well I have been a fan of old bangers all my life and still regard them as good value for money, but ya know I was making the work car park look really bad of late and my cul-de-sac where I live, well they werent to happy with my car lowering the neighbourhood and the value of there houses to boot.....I looked like the local scum in the local getaway car etc etc....



But oh how I loved my Brava, shes was a good old girl took me all over she did...dirty bitch...mind you of late she had a bald tyre - tracking was well out by about a metre a slow puncture as well as dents all over it and a smashed front light it wasnt pretty near the end really......but she was still awesome and never let me down ever...I owe her....



Bye Bye Brava.......

Anyway she has now been crushed into a cube bless ........ oh well.... and on my drive now stands a new all black and very shiney car.

Now we are not rich and had a limited budget oh and the car has not been paid for yet....anyway this is the story.....

The scrappage scheme valued my old brava at £3000...? fair enough I thought considering it worth less than zero....(i.e I would need to pay to have it removed) and the car we bought was £9000 (retail £12,000 then minus my £3,000). I bought it with my OH so we both own it and have shared the cost (£4,500 each) We paid out right for the car using cheaper credit than could be offered allowing us to pay back the amount when and how we want.



The car was the best deal I could find for our money and we bought what we liked the look of the drive of and the feel of when inside the cockpit. We tried the new Ibiza, the Focus and others and some we simply could not afford and some were crap and felt very over valued.

We bought da da da -

A Hyundai i30 1.4 ES edition in black .... it has alot of stuff for the money honest...



1.4 whys that? well its cheaper and we want to save money in the long run, we plan albeit things can always change to keep the car for a long time, we also plan to pay off the vehicle within 6 months costing us about £300 in credit costs much cheaper than the £3000 in interest that would have earned by the credit company offering us a loan...

heres some pictures of her new before we get hit by some foreign twat somewhere.

It feels weird if honest, ive only had it 16hours and it just feels like I have hired a new car, but this one it will soon dawn on me I DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE BACK....but then the bank balance will remind me of something else every month as well eh.

So no more bangers, id worked out that my old banger had actually cost me more than this car will in reapairs and costs if averaged out, we have used my scarppage discount to buy the car and i will use Stephanies years of no claims to get good insurance and well thats job done....



were happy... and thats my new car story...

Cheers G.

No comments: