Thursday 3 December 2009

Paris Marathon 2010

I am now 41 years old...and to be honest I feel it, you do feel it ya know, I used to hear older people say that to me when I was younger, faster, stronger...and id say not me ill be fine...

But....Sorry when your old your body has a way of letting you know, mine did just the other day by tapping me on the shoulder and saying your screwed bud relax let the fat bulid up and relax into Middle age...have apint or two... I sat there drinking my 2nd pint...

NO I said - No way....and booked myself into the Paris Marathon in 2010, when I run it I will be 41 and a half.

This will be my 4th marathon but to be really honest I have only ever ran 1 with gusto, the first in Edinburgh the second was done 27 minutes slower as a jog for the fun of it in Loch Ness and the third with Stephanie and so I cruised at a her pace...crawling home.

Edinburugh was - 3:50:00

Now I want to beat this time which will not be easy but it is possible.....in the knowledge that the Boston Marathon requires me to beat a time of 3:20 to get a place in the Marathon at my age.

Training has started in the drizzle and piss poor weather of this years UK winter, it was freezing the other night let me assure you...freezing sleet is not fun to run in, training is going well albeit slow and i have a slighht metatarsol injury....getting old ay see.

More laterz.

No comments: