Wednesday 12 August 2015

Car-less....Tick Tock.

The car has gone....yep gone, I have no wheels....only peeps who love there wheels will understand the misery and damming consequences of losing ones wheels. im if honest a bit teary...after selling the car we went to catch a bus to get back to Derby but when the bus arrived he did not accept cash money!! so I could not board, can you believe that the driver was so apologetic, I said I was sorry too as I have not had to get buses for some time years in fact, (I looked at the passengers when saying this).



We have loved that car since its er well car birth we took her from the showroom through the glass walled entrance and it has never let us down, nothing on that car has ever broken ever...cant ask for more than that. We got £2500 for it cash from a lovely couple in Nottingham all paid in 20's....mmmm.

Anyway that was like having my balls removed publicly I am a car driver I hate being without the freedom mobile and that for me now is the death knell .... my life here in the UK and Derby is over, even if I return to the UK at some point later down the line I will never live in Derby again....My/Our hope is we never return here hopefully retiring in some small humble way in Portugal a little land a little pad nothing too ostentatious.



One can dream.

Our house well we are half in as are the renters all of there stuff is in here (well half of it), all bills have been shut down and we got money back too nice, all goes in the Malaysian coffers. Our washing machine has gone to WM heaven so back to the launderette for the last week (mind you I might just ya know wear the same pants for a week and then chuck em) ....

The main problem were having is getting the weight right for our suitcases and the issue is I have decided in my wisdom to travel with my guitar and some electrical items and they are taking all the weight, by the time were finished I will be left wearing me budgie smuggler speedos and nothing else....(could be fun that). we only have 30kg each plus 7kg hand luggage but i have found the loop hole, they let you take a suitcase and laptop for free, my Suitcase will be huge....

Anyway on a more serious note it is only 4 days away from leaving our lives as we know them forever, and it is a big move this is not a holiday this is life changing and were not coming back for some time maybe never. It feels strange but kind of a relief as well, as in the UK you can sometimes get the feeling your competing with everyone all the time by what you own what car you drive and what job you have, I am tired of competing I guess i just want to be and for me that means being artistic in a musical and drawing capacity, I may be able to be the real me when over there and I really want to help others esp the kids. We will be living in such a place that what you do will not dictate to us how well we live and in that sense we are free to do as we want, what feels right and not what earns us the the most money....stuff yeh some stuff is good but too much stuff is really bad, I want people in my life not things, the way i used to live way back when.

Right im off house needs to be cleaned before we leave....tick tock.

No comments: